Friday, May 9, 2008

Went to the City

Max and his Aunt Laura at UVill in Seattle. The boys always wanted to pass up Aunt Laura in height. I think Max made it.

Yesterday the Hubby, Max and myself went to Seattle. Max had a follow up appointment at Children's Hospital, it had been exactly one year since his last surgery. He got an all clear, looks good, play football, go ahead from the doctor. Happy day! The doctor is not very tall and so he had plenty to say about Max towering over him even though they removed his growth plates. I can not say enough good things about the Children's Hospital and staff. We are so blessed to be close to this medical facility.
Before the appointment we took Max shopping for his clothes for 8th grade graduation. Our school holds a graduation ceremony for the 8th grade. We got him all decked out-very sharp. After his appointment we went to University Village where we met Hubby's sis Laura. She works at the U of W hospital and had agreed to meet us for dinner. Yummy food, a cosmo and some shopping, makes me a happy lady. On the way back to her house we stopped at Dick's Drive In, a Seattle restuarant since 1954. Their hot fudge sundaes are made with hard ice cream and the best hot fudge. I think this was my cheater day, Robb.
*I went on a field trip today too! Watch for more details.

2 comments:

jkluginbill said...

Oh I love Dick's! Fun times.

He is a wee little fellow isn't he? Who needs growth plates really? :)

Happy Friday!

Anonymous said...

Wow Laura how you've grown! You look great! and max too!