Personally, I think those frozen pre-made pie crusts can be icky. Not always, so don't be insulted if that is what you use. My friend says, "they are gumpy". Not exactly sure what that means but it fits. I prefer a flakey, homemade pie crust. Anyway, the frozen pie crusts are nice when I'm busy or lazy. Not sure what I am today, but I thawed one. Threw in some peach pie filling, that I froze this summer, made a quick topping of 1 cube butter, 1 cup flour and 1/2 cup brown sugar. Chopped it up and tossed it on top. Into the oven, 50 minutes later-insto-facto fresh peach pie. Tastes like summer. Really. The guys are all working today, it doesn't feel like summer so I thought this might be tasty to come home to tonight.
Saturday, May 3, 2008
Cheater Pie
Personally, I think those frozen pre-made pie crusts can be icky. Not always, so don't be insulted if that is what you use. My friend says, "they are gumpy". Not exactly sure what that means but it fits. I prefer a flakey, homemade pie crust. Anyway, the frozen pie crusts are nice when I'm busy or lazy. Not sure what I am today, but I thawed one. Threw in some peach pie filling, that I froze this summer, made a quick topping of 1 cube butter, 1 cup flour and 1/2 cup brown sugar. Chopped it up and tossed it on top. Into the oven, 50 minutes later-insto-facto fresh peach pie. Tastes like summer. Really. The guys are all working today, it doesn't feel like summer so I thought this might be tasty to come home to tonight.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
A pie is a pie - cheater or not. I started using a pie crust mix b/c my mom does. I use to make pie crust often and it was always very good, but now? Not so many pies. I am more of a crisp girl!
I think I will freeze some of the rhubarb for a pie this winter. YUMMERS!
Post a Comment