This little shade garden between our house and garage is happy this spring. I have several hellebores, four varieties of ferns, four or more varieties of hostas, solman seal, white violets, lily of the valley, lady in the bathtub, two different trilliums including the one pictured below. The only thing missing is my jack in the pulpit, I loved that plant. Always later than everything else so I just kept hoping my jack in the pulpit would show up. Definitely a no show. I usually plant white flowers in the box because we can see this garden from the patio and I like to have white for at night. I think the dreary, cold Spring we had got to me and I went for the color this year.
Monday, May 26, 2008
Shade Garden
This little shade garden between our house and garage is happy this spring. I have several hellebores, four varieties of ferns, four or more varieties of hostas, solman seal, white violets, lily of the valley, lady in the bathtub, two different trilliums including the one pictured below. The only thing missing is my jack in the pulpit, I loved that plant. Always later than everything else so I just kept hoping my jack in the pulpit would show up. Definitely a no show. I usually plant white flowers in the box because we can see this garden from the patio and I like to have white for at night. I think the dreary, cold Spring we had got to me and I went for the color this year.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Well we have definitely had a shady spring so your garden must be really happy! Looks pretty.
Post a Comment