Friday, May 9, 2008

Field Trip



A friend and I went looking for inspiration this morning, gardening inspiration. First stop was for coffee at Avenue Bread in Fairhaven, south Bellingham. I love Avenue Bread, everything they make is delicious. That was inspiring to start. We walked to the small nursery on the corner and then drove down Chuckanut Drive to an absolutely gorgeous gallery and garden. Very inspiring plantings, water features, gates and doo dahs in the garden and beautiful dishes made from recycled glass inside the gallery.
Next stop was Padden Creek Nursery, a favorite stop with very pretty plants. Stunning pairings and some unusual choices. Their peonies selection was huge as were their prices for the peonies. I think we should all just share what we have in our gardens.



Last stop was Quel Fromage, a shop for some tasty cheeses. If I go on a field trip I like to bring something home for my hubby, he'll be happy with cheese and Avenue Bread. Love it that on the receipt they tell you the wine pairings for the cheeses you purchased. Love that! Mindless entertaining, folks.
I am now inspired and will get gardening,

1 comment:

jkluginbill said...

I love the "cheese place" as Archer calls it...Love that my boy loves good cheese!

Looks like a fun and inspired day! Love Padden Creek Nursery. Troy & I use to live a short walk from there - I haven't been there in years. Maybe I need a field trip!

Fun day!

Hey, You should get some of those chickens to add to your yard. They aren't messy at all!

Have a GREAT weekend!