Monday, May 5, 2008

Back to School

New school supplies:

A friend and myself are taking a class at our alma mater, a toning and sculpting class. At 5:45 A.M., three mornings a week, which any hour before 6:00 A.M. is considered the middle of the night by myself. Outdoors- rain or shine. We use weights. We run. Push-ups. Okay people, all of that I can do, barely.
Then our instructor, Rob, a very nice and encouraging young man told us we would now do the stairs. He kept mentioning motor skills and how great this was for our motor skills, I maxed out my motor skills in kindergarten. That is it. Don't be too hard on me, we had to JUMP up the stairs, on the football field bleachers. Over and over. I. could. NOT. do. it. Rob mentioned that guys on the football team SKIP stairs. Don't hurt yourself, but try it before you are too critical. It is not easy especially if your nickname, while growing up, was Grace. Especially if you are afraid of height, the bleachers make me crazy anyway.
Aside from the stairs it was great, though it will be a miracle if I can lift my arms tomorrow. I got my guys out the door and went directly to the hot tub. I don't dare to ask Rob if that is a bad idea, what if he says no hot tub? Should I ask?

4 comments:

jkluginbill said...

Yay Tami!

School isn't suppose to be easy. :) I am proud of you just doing it - that is early and I would be a raging...you know...if I did that!

Keep up the good work!

Sandi @the WhistleStop Cafe said...

Wow! I am impressed!
I wish I had that much energy.
Good for you!

Shelly said...

Oh man oh man, be careful little missy. Exercise can be very dangerous for those of us that are trippers and fallers.

Anonymous said...

Love it! Love it! Love it! You are too funny!