Monday, October 25, 2010

Martha is Amazing

This morning is busy, the electrician is here finishing the rough in. The drywall is being stocked. Huge truck with wrong address, so I've chased them down the road twice, then they barely fit on my bridge to the house. Jason is coming to measure the bathroom cabinets and after everyone gets started I need to make a lot of calls. Then I need to run some errands. I'll be ironing and baking in between, two good filler chores.

We have a fun week at our house. Busy. Tonight we are going to Anthony's with Ad. Max is telling his coaches that he has to leave football practice on time tonight because he is going for dinner with a senior from our church. Ad thought that was funny. Max invited himself along after Ad invited Hubby and I.

*Wednesday night is more fun, involving wine and food and Brian and Holly. Some of my favorites!
*Friday Night Lights are in Seattle this week.
Football game is at Kings. Go #83 and Lyncs!
*Saturday night is pumpkin carving in the party barn. I'll be cooking up some ghoulish treats.

So, with all that I am giving thanks this morning for Martha Stewart. Home Depot now carries MSL carpet and paint. I used Martha's paint when we bought our house nine years ago. Now, she has carpet and here is the BEST part. Next to each paint color is a small symbol, next to each rug sample is a small symbol, just match the symbols and everything will coordinate. There are apples, leaves, moons, stars etc. Brilliant! I'm leaning toward the asterisk symbol. Creamy grays, rather than tan creams.

I need something easy in this building project. Barely, just barely, keeping up. Long list today and then a fun, busy week, thank goodness for Martha or I might not make it.

i {heart} martha stewart living...

6 comments:

Les Hon said...

Sounds like a wonderful week alright! Have a great one -- and thank goodness for Martha! I'm glad to know this too...

Anonymous said...

YOU are Martha Stewart(or her long lost twin)! Have fun this week.
Kathi

shelly said...

Hmmm...me thinks you got over your aversion to grays? yay
See ya Sat night ;)
I'm thinking about not getting rid of the dead flies and spiders in the Party Barn...it's Halloween after all.

jkluginbill said...

...and you still had time to pick up your super cute Danskos!

I can't wait to see the finished project.

Kelly said...

I don't know how you fit it all in...at least you still have baked goods in the priority list. Otherwise the Rylaarsdam house might be a little testy.

theSNAPsisters said...

GO Martha!!