Friday, October 15, 2010

Mom or Museum Job?


Just when you think your teenager doesn't need you anymore... there he is with need, need, need!

Tonight is the Lynden Pioneer Museum Open House. The 34th annual, I have been at 13 of them, making tonight the 14th for me.

I find the participants, like the spinner, the shopkeepers, the Dairy Ambassadors, the music, the wood carver, train engineers to name a few. I also coordinate the food. It's one night of the year I have to work. Everything is ready and it should run like clock work.

Two weeks ago I mentioned to Max that I had Open House coming up and wouldn't be at the football game against Meridian. "Whhaaa- huh? Mom, no you will be there."

I wish I had my camera ready when I told him. It was a freak out face like I haven't seen before.

I had coverage for the museum, they bailed, I got more coverage, good coverage for myself. But if something goes wrong at the museum tonight I feel responsible. If I don't go to the game, Max will either score a touchdown or get hurt. It's true, the only other game I ever missed, he scored.

I've gone back and forth. I have a stomach ache. What should I do?


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think you should go to the museum and that way Max can score a touchdown. That was easy!

Les Hon said...

Your sister is funny!

But perhaps you should pose the question to Max: Does he want to score tonight, or does he want you to be there? ;)

I think it's nice that he wants you to be there...And I had a similar problem, back in the day. Super things happened in my absence...

Don't worry about the museum, I say! Your football days are limited! Go #83!!

Holly said...

Duh!! Go to the game!!! Remember the old adage of " I wish I would have worked more, rather than spending time with my family"? That might be on my tombstone, but it shouldn't be on yours!!!!
I would LOVE it if Tyler asked me to be at anything he was participating in.

As for the wine...I've heard it's good, but I won't let anyone open it cuz it's so cute!!! I've had it for years!!! Gets better with age right???

Good thing Brian gets wine at work because when I buy it, it's purely for the label!!

troy said...

Family first. There have been too many things I have missed because of work, I surely cannot do that to my staff. And tell Max that if he doesn't score (at least with a cheerleader) then he should seriously rethink why he is playing football. ;)

Although all of us here will miss you at the open house. (and Fred-he is so official clicking that counter!)