We have this chair and matching love seat. I've loaned it to the Snapsisters for a wedding shoot, hence the photo. I'd like to have them reupholstered and new cushions made for the new master suite. Our current bedroom will be a sitting room.
Neat idea?
I think so.
And then I got a bid for the labor.
Uhm, yeah, I had to pick myself up off the floor.
The bid didn't include fabric, she quoted $40-100 yd. and I'd need 7 yards plus the labor.
Any ideas?
Should I take a class and do it myself?
Forget about it?
.jpeg)
Hubby really wants me to have these re-done for sentimental reasons. I had them in my apartment when we dating and they are kinda groovy.
Ideas?
Edited to Add: Shelly texted that she'll take a class with me. How about instead of me and do them for me, Shell?
6 comments:
I'd get another quote. We've had a whole couch and lazy boy done and it wasn't that much.
I love the chair. Do it!
Or take a class as I have a chair that I want done...
My friend always just did it herself and took the class at the tech school. All you need is a mini nailer. If anyone can do it - you can!!!
Oh! Don't give up!! TOO groovy to abandon!!
First of all, where are all the upholsterers??
Secondly, I hate it that it costs so much. My girls each have a chair they want to do, and it's toooooo much!
Thirdly, maybe if we took a class we'd find out why it costs so much. I know I found that out when I decided to sew Barbie clothes...
After all that, I still say this chair MUST be saved!!!
Seriously girl...it looks like an easy one - I have the mini nailer. Buy some fabric on sale and go for it!
Go for it - looks pretty easy on HGTV. :)
I have the book!! Take it apart and take pictures as you do. If you can't get it back together, then call for help (not me!!!)
Seriously, I did a wing back chair, and while it isn't perfection, it's not too bad!!
Post a Comment