Thursday, October 28, 2010

My Winter Plan

Last evening Hubby and I attended the Haggen's Be Our Guest Food & Wine Festival with Brian and Holly. It was a delicious experience. I have the holiday season entertaining ideas swirling through my mind, including some amazing cheats.

As we tasted, if we liked the wine, we had our card scanned. Now I have a "wine cellar" at Haggen's. I can easily refer to it. This is amazing stuff for the over 50 crowd. I can never remember which wine and what year that I actually liked.

A ballroom of wine and food, another of beer and snacks and a dessert room with dessert wines, Twin Brook Creamery eggnog and chocolate milk, desserts to die for and my favorite of the evening, Sandeman 20 Year Old Tawny, Duoro Valley, Portugal.
Sipped slowly, with the fire roaring, snow falling, and Chocolate Meets Olive from Haggen's Market Street Catering. Mmmmm, crazy good! It's my plan for the cold, harsh winter that is in the forecast.
Thanks Brian for the invite, we loved our night out with your sweet wife, Holly.

2 comments:

Janice said...

Haggens does always know how to do things right!! Nothing like a night of good friends, food, and wine!!

Holly said...

You are so sweet!!!!! That's it...just so sweet!!!