Thursday, October 14, 2010

Good and Bad

I started my day at 6 a.m. wanting to get ahead of the construction. By 8 a.m. it felt really out of control. My list grew and by 8:30 I had to go to Bellingham for the roofer. I also stopped at Lowes to pick up the medicine cabinets. They only had one in stock, it had been opened and the box had a dent but I took it. We needed the measurements for framing. When I got home, the roofer was unhappy with what I picked up for him, and yes, the mirror on the medicine cabinet was shattered. I'll deal with it later as by then I was two hours late to work.
I then quickly jumped in the van, took it to the car wash and then to the shop for an appointment. It has a squeak. I walked to work, stopped at the bakery for a cup of soup to go. The gentleman behind me treated me to an Oreo truffle. Crazy good. Random act of kindness from a stranger.
I flew around at work since tomorrow is the Lynden Pioneer Museum's Open House, then walked back to the shop, the van wasn't ready. I walked to the bank and the library. I knew some of the books I had ordered were in. I had to call Hubby to meet me as I started walking home, they were so heavy. I do have all the new 2010 Christmas books! Just may not have time to look at them.
I came home to a Happy Mail Day! Michele. my blog friend, sent me a card and a book, Sunday Dinner. I love it. I got a Halloween card from a sweet MO friend.
Thanks ladies, you made my day!
Oooooh! Another package! It's chandeliers that I ordered for the bedroom. Not happy mail, disappointing mail... no wonder they were such a bargain. I should have known.
The shop calls that the van is finished for today, we have an expensive appointment next week.

Highs and lows today. Good and bad. If only I could keep up, but the faster I go, the behinder I get this week. Hubby tells me next week will be better.

2 comments:

michele said...

Yay!! You got it! Love your blog... and your pictures are so cool! Have a wonderful weekend!!

Holly said...

Keep the end in sight! It will get better, I promise!!
Saw your books come in and put a request in for some of them myself!!!!