So, on to lesser goals.
{My overall thinking and feeling during the show was that quite frankly, our economy is scary. I try to be little Mary Sunshine about the economy but it was difficult with what I saw in Seattle.} I don't even like to write about it. So...
I decided to work with what I saw and anticipate my customer's needs.
We are thinking about our environment so I will be ordering some reusable shopping bags and refillable water bottles. No reason they can't be stylish and functional.
I looked for gifts that the recipient could use. Inventory that is new and looked fresh were the paper items, so I will order some stationery items. Very pretty colors. Practical, but pretty and fresh for Spring.
I found some great new toy lines because shoppers still buy birthday gifts for kids. I try to have an affordable and wide variety of toys. A gift for a child to bring to a party shouldn't break the bank.
Hopefully, the museum shop will thrive in 2009.
Sorry, the light was overwhelming so the pictures are not great but you get the idea.
Late afternoon Hubby and I took a break and walked to Anthropologie. I had some fun and left my mark. Love that store! We bought monogramed file folders to use for our tax returns.
Tomorrow I'll share more Seattle.
3 comments:
I'd just like to say that you leave your mark wherever you go. It's called your personality. And you have a great one!
your job looks like such fun and you get to shop too...what could be better...Whenever my daughter goes to any kind of museum since she was little until today her first stop is always the gift shop. Infact when we were in Paris when she studied there we must have gone to the Trocadero a half dozen times and never made it in to the actual maritime museum. They got sick of seeing us in the gift shop....but they had such great stuff...
I LOVE everything. Can't wait to shop in Lynden. Thanks for making it easier for us.......
Post a Comment