Sam celebrated his 19th birthday yesterday. Friends, Jesse and Blake came for dinner. Sam's choice, roast beef, potatoes and gravy, caesar salad, corn, and applesauce. The kind of dinner that guys love. I made the trader joe's vanilla cake with a blueberry sauce and ice cream for dessert.
I told Jesse I remembered when he was born. He looked a bit puzzled until I explained. Sam was late and my Mom would call me in Marysville and say, 'Oh, you're home...' Yep, still home. Then she would tell me that the Iaconettis had their baby, the Huleatts had their baby, the Kaemingks had their baby... Sam took his sweet time, ten days late and over ten pounds. Blake added to the conversation, he was early and weighed ten lbs., eleven ounces, and had a double chin. His poor Mama.
Good kids, lots of fun, all enjoying gap year. Gap year is the British tradition, taking a year off between high school and college to work and travel. I usually like all things English, gap year, not so much... No it's fine, really. As long as it's A year.
2 comments:
Tami,
I love your new house picture and your entire blog layout. You'll have to check out my blog today... and then spread the word. Your boys are cute. Happy Birthday!
I was worried after no Sam blog on his birthday...but yea here it is!
Post a Comment