Who is feeling beautiful? I don't think I know anyone feeling gorgeous right now. I got to boot camp this morning and Melinda was complaining about being, "pasty". I got home, turned on my laptop and the word of the day popped up, "sallow". Nice.
I checked some blogs and the January blahs are taking over. Friends, family and fellow bloggers are kinda in the dumps.
Sallow, pasty, having the blahs... Consumer confidence is in the dumps. It is a bit depressing out there. I've turned into an emotional eater, again. Everything is in a holding pattern...waiting, waiting for what, I'm not sure. Change.
Will change be good or bad?
In spite of our nation's problems, low morale, a lot of poor self esteem going on, there is hope. My Lord God is not changed. He is the same everyday, loving me and watching over me. Ready to help me.
I think I need to make the changes, turn things around, with His help and love, I need to be more positive and proactive.
So, to do my part, I have a plan. Now I need the energy and will power to get started. Starting the year without goals and direction hasn't really been very healthy for me.
But when I am not "feelin' it", it is like trying to move a mountain. A BIG mountain!
Matthew 21:21-22 And Jesus answered them, "Truly, I say to you if you have faith and never doubt you will not only do what has been done to the fig tree, but even if you say to this mountain, 'Be taken up and cast into the sea,' it will be done. And whatever you ask in prayer, you will receive, if you have faith."
With prayer, I can move a mountain. I don't have any plans to pray that Mt. Baker is cast into Birch Bay, just that I get going!
Do you have a plan?
*Sorry, no photo, not even blogger is cooperating...
8 comments:
Tami,
I love knowing that I am not alone in this bluesy feeling. I get up, look at the sunshine (which always brightens my mood), and still have to fight the urge not to crawl back into bed. Thanks for the reminder that indeed, our God is good. I need to plaster that to my forhead.
I am so thankful that it is not just me. I feel as though I could stay in bed for days. As long as there were snacks by my bed. My hair, my skin, my spirit - all blah.
Perfect verse... perfect verse.
Amen Tami.
That's just the way I feel. Thanks so much for posting this. I promise to have an uplifting post tomorrow. ;)
I've been going outside, looking towards the sun, closing my eyes and soaking it in for few minutes (until Kona is finished with her business). It make me feel better - love the cool crisp sunny days of winter. But I agree, prayer and scripture is good is the best medicine for anything.
I think I am coming at life from a different angle right now. For the most part I feel good, really good. Missing my grandma but smiling and thanking God daily for her and my life. I actually smiled during the funeral - feeling the love of gram, her loved ones, of God.
However, food has been a free for all the last couple weeks - I really liked the chowder at the hospital (so NOT healthy)...and pizza tonight with boys...So I need to work on that!
My plan - Let go and let God!
Have a great weekend! :)
Pasty here....good reminder about our unchanging God. February is right around the corner. :)
Oh, yeah, PASTY! That sums it up here too! Thanks for sharing what you feel so we can take comfort in not being alone and in the fact that God is ever good and unchanging. Our little emotions go up and down with the economy, with the weather, with the good and the bad!
blessings,
melissa
I felt the same, then I started juicing and drinking lots of vegetable/fruit juice. I feel great.
Post a Comment