I asked Sam what I should make for his birthday dessert for Sunday at the grand folks. Hubby and Max piped up with this idea. Sam did too. Must be a favorite.
This is a great cheater recipe. People always ask if I baked the cakes by layer or as one and cut it... Nope, it's crackers! It is an easy recipe but it must sit for a day or two in the fridge, so plan ahead.
Napoleons
2 sm. French vanilla or regular vanilla instant pudding mixes
3 cups milk
Chocolate graham crackers
1- 12 oz. Cool Whip
1 can chocolate frosting
Combine the pudding and milk; add cool whip. Put a layer of graham crackers in a 9 x 13 inch pan. Top with a layer of 1/2 of the filling. Layer with graham crackers and another layer of filling. Top with graham crackers.
Frost with the chocolate frosting. Store in the fridge-must make ahead one to two days before serving.
*I soften the frosting in the microwave for 20 seconds. That canned frosting is stiff and pulls the crackers up and before you know it your kids are hearing words they shouldn't hear from mom. You can make your favorite frosting recipe instead of canned.
Enjoy! If you are a food snob, it's your loss.
2 comments:
I love "cheater" recipes! Thanks! Can't wait to try it - I think the kids would love it! I'd better stay away from it until I lose my cruise pounds!
That dessert is a WOWer! I forgot how good it is.
Post a Comment