Chocolate Chip Cookies
1 c. white sugar
1 c. packed brown sugar
1 c. butter
1 cup Wesson oil
1 beaten egg
1 Tbls. milk
1 tsp. cream of tartar (I heap it a bit)
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. vanilla
3 3/4 to 4 cups flour
1 -12 oz. pkg. chocolate chips (my favorite are the mini semi sweet chips)
Beat oil, butter, and sugars until fluffy. Add milk and egg. Add rest of other ingredients except chips and mix. Then add chips. Drop by spoonful onto cookie sheet. Bake at 350 degrees for 12 minutes.
I also whipped up some oatmeal cookies with white chocolate chips and craisins. Max tells me they are good.
"Mhmmm, Mhmmmm, delicious", comments Blake. His mouth was full so I'm not exactly sure what he said but he likes them.
3 comments:
Hi Tami...those chocolate chip cookies look so good, how did you get them be be all the same size, they're so perfectly shapped...Did you use a small ice cream scoop? ANd I just got back from another trip to Ikea....got a whole bag of stuff i don't need, but does the store in Canada have the infamous 50 cent hot dogs???
And today we also made a stop at the Viking cookware store. I'll be posting lots of pictures in the next day or two...Talk about a fabulous store...you want to come home and just cook and bake things....Sue.
Hey Tam.. love your blog. Could you post the recipe for the oatmeal cookies. They look very good too!!
Cheryl-
Thanks! I just use the oatmeal cookie recipe on the oatmeal cannister thingy container. And then I amp them up a notch with white chocolate chips and craisins. I buy my dried cranberries at Trader Joes. They have other dried fruits so maybe I'll try cherries or bits of mangos next time.
I would add macadamia nuts too but the guys do not like nuts in their cookies.
I think next time I'll add sunflower seeds(they are small and maybe the guys won't notice them) and eat them for breakfast. What do you think?
Tami
Post a Comment