Thursday, January 8, 2009

Bail Out or Bale Out?



Yesterday afternoon, the guys were bailing or baling, the water was rising and soon it became obvious that we couldn't keep up. It was stressful, I felt a bit like Noah's wife must have felt. It gets a bit tense. BIL Bill and nephew, Levi came to the rescue with a pump from the farm. Going out to the Thiel Road presented it's own set of hurdles. The pump had a hose problem, but it wasn't anything that couldn't be fixed with duct tape and cling wrap. Fortunately, I had some festive green cling wrap. Whew!

So, since they got the pump running, we have turned the pump on for fifteen minutes every two hours and kept the flooding from overtaking our furnace and floors.

Special thanks to Bill, Levi, Hubby and Sam and Max. Hubby and Sam set alarms through the night and ran the pump every two hours all night long. It is much like having a baby in the house again.

I can not imagine what others with big flood issues are going through this week. Please pray for those fighting the water, those who are not able to stay in their homes and for the many, many people affected by the flooding. It is still raining but most of our snow has melted. It was very different to look out the window yesterday and see grass. It had been a long time.

Hopefully, the sun will come out tomorrow...

5 comments:

jkluginbill said...

Glad you got it under control. BIL Bill owed you for the whole sledding incident! :)

I am so praying for all of those dealing with water issues, hope that the damage can be minimized and people can return to their homes if they've had to leave.

Take care.

Charlotte said...

We heard on the news tonight about all the flooding in Washington and I thought about you..I hope any damage you have from the water will be minimal, it sounds like you have a handle on it....Sue.

Anonymous said...

BIL Bill would like to add he won fair and square!

Janice said...

I've been praying for you guys! I've driven past your house a couple times, and that reminds to pray for you - and all affected!

Eloise said...

Thinking of you, Tami, and hoping the water subsides very soon.