Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Ranch Potato Casserole

We love these taters, but they are not on the low calorie list. Be warned, delicious and dairy. All about the dairy. I should have shared this recipe when I had the June is Dairy Month Series. Now, I've thought of it, made it and have to share it. You don't have to wait until June. Try these and you'll thank me.

Ranch Potato Casserole


6-8 medium red potatoes
1/2 c. sour cream
1/2 c. ranch dressing
1/4 c. bacon, fried and crumbled-Get real and buy *facon from Costco! Cut with a scissors and nuke it.

2 T. parsley- I use some dried chives too.
1 c. shredded cheddar cheese

Cook the potatoes until tender, quarter them, leaving skins on: set aside.

Combine the other ingredients and gently mix and top.

Topping:
1/2 c. shredded cheddar cheese
2 c. slightly crushed corn flakes ( I use a ziploc bag and and my hand)

1/4 c. butter-melted
Combine the corn flakes and butter and sprinkle over cheese on casserole. Bake at 350 degreee for 45 minutes. Can be made a day ahead and baked just before serving.

I make a recipe and a half because I have a lot of hungry guys and they like leftovers. I just make one recipe of the topping.

These potatoes are a favorite served with grilled flank steak, caesar salad and roasted asparagus. Tastes like summer!

*Reminder- facon is the kirkland brand bacon that is precooked. My guys call it facon because they don't consider it to be real bacon unless I have slaved over a hot stove and made a big ol' greasy mess. Please don't call me or my sisters, from Costco and yell into your phone, "what's facon?" Think about how that sounds. I only mention this because it's happened.

6 comments:

Janice said...

Can't wait to try them! Sounds nummy - we love flank steak too!

Anonymous said...

ooooo that looks great!

Amanda DeHoog said...

Love it when you share recipes . . . I'm always on the lookout for new things to try. This looks yummy . . . thank you!

Becky L. Beck said...

YUMMY Janice,
Ahhhhh to be able to look at your blog is a treat from Heaven! I'm not with the retreat and the new Dental Software and I'm all alone in my house: could life be any sweeter? Thanks for letting us know about that Facon~ I would have fretted when getting to that part. I'm making these this weekend; keep those recipes coming. Hope to get the confirmation from the FH girls soon.

Charlotte said...

All I have to say is these potatoes look dangerous....I need to try them......NOW!!!

Becky L. Beck said...

why did I say Janice??? I think part of my original comment was cut off. Weird... I clearly know that I was commenting on YOUR blog. Oh well the brain thing again? I never made these but I am tonight JUST before arriving at your house. Have to leave the guys with GREAT food so they won't miss me too much. :) trying to be like "the sisters"