I'm a reader, always have been a reader. If my grades weren't up to par my parents knew how to punish me. They took my library card away. Without my library card I am nothing, I am incomplete, I am crabby. Hubby is a reader too. That is a good thing. We get it when the other one can't talk because they are finishing a good book.
Nothing against television, I just prefer a good book. But like a man watching TV with a remote, I read two or three books at a time. Not always, but sometimes. Currently, I am reading Prayers for Sale by Sandra Dallas, Tending Roses by Lisa Wingate and for some nonfiction fun, Maryjane's Outpost by Maryjane Butters. Both of the fiction are stories of a young woman and an older woman, so they have similarities. Different times in history, different stories but the common character thread. Holly listed Tending Roses as a favorite on her blog. I chose Prayers for Sale because I enjoyed the other books by Sandra Dallas.
Maryjanes' Outpost caught my eye at the library because the subtitle is Unleashing Your Inner Wild. Lots of information about getting outdoors, camping, raising chickens, fly fishing, creating rooms outside, fun stuff. I've always wanted an outdoor shower and I thought this book might have ideas. It is making me want to move the beds outside for the summer. A fun read.
Hubby and I read to our boys, a lot. Sam had memorized many books at the age of two. I have video of Sam "reading" at age three. One of the guys' favorites was The Firecat. A book with a character named Mrs. Goodkind has to be good. Now it is a favorite of Emilyn. Hubby and Emilyn read many books Saturday evening. Some Richard Scarry too. Good times.
4 comments:
I'm way too A.D.D. to read multiple books - I'm a one book kinda woman :-0!
I like it when other people read multiple books at once. Makes me feel like it's normal since I usually have at least 3 going! :) However, you probably know that since you are my book club!
I just picked up a few...will let you know my thoughts (of course!).
Enjoy and Happy Reading!
I too love to read and ALWAYS have a book going. My kids love books too and we spend a lot of time at the library. It's fun now that the boys can read, they can read to me and their sisters. Nothing better than catching them reading to one of the girls. I am always looking for good suggestions on books too since when we go to the library I don't get much time to search for "my" books. Does your Sam still like to read? I hope my boys always enjoy a good book.
Oh and the flowers looked great in church Sunday...nice job! I have Mitch making a Joe's run on his way home from work today:)
you must check out the original M.J. book. Her life book is awesome and it's what got me started on them. If you can't find it at the library, I have 2!!
and thanks for letting T invite himeself over!!
Post a Comment