Friday, March 13, 2009

Let There Be Light

I love chandeliers. Over our dining room table, over our bed and now in our laundry room, love them. I've had my eye out for one, not too big, good lighting and nothing that would break the bank. Bingo!
Hubby installed it this week, of course NO project is a slam dunk here. The ceiling around the old fixture was in bad shape. So, we bought one of those circular thingys and painted it and covered up the bad ceiling. And tah dah!




I love what my friend, Patrick said, "How decadent." Yes, a little over the top and unexpected, just how I like it.
Edited to add, please excuse the laundry on the counter. It is my work room. And I plan on being in there all morning.

11 comments:

Janice said...

I saw the laundry - and loved it! My counter looked like that on Wed. Remember - it is a laundry room - if we expected it to always be immaculate, that would be like expecting to never see dishes in the kitchen :-)!! Great chandelier! I'll have to post a pic of mine - looks a bit like yours - it's from Pottery Barn!

jkluginbill said...

Lovely...perfect for a place one spends so much time.

Our laundry room counter always looks like that as my guys don't use dressers (ever - it works here)...they have their own piles - I know if I ever see the counter they will have to go naked! :)

Have a great weekend.

Deidra said...

I love a chandelier in the laundry room! Decadent, indeed!

Teresa said...

Every room should have a little sparkle :} great job

Hannah said...

Tami, I have a confession to make...I have been snooping at your blog. So cute and so well done by the way! Cynthia told me to check it out awhile back and I find myself coming back. Anyway you have inspired me and I started a blog this week. I'm just figuring things out so we'll see how it goes. You can check it out if you want at
footballteamsandladybugdreams.blogspot.com
feedback is welcome.
Oh and I love the chandelier...I love them too. My girls have a really cute one in their room.

Fifi Flowers said...

Chandeliers make every room look better... laundry or no laundry!

Kirsty said...

Love them and I love your pressed ceilings too :) (Visiting from the Inspired Room) I think having something decadent in a laundry room is perfect!

Anonymous said...

Love all the sparkle you have created in your rooms!! I would have never thought of adding a few crystals in the laundry room, but why not?! Lovely post!

Best,
Debbykay
Rose Cottage Gardens and Farm

Sandy said...

My theory is that if you spend a lot of time there why not make it as cozy as possible and I love it!

Charlotte said...

Yes....very decadent!!

Funky Junk Interiors said...

Aright, that small addition just put things over the top. Lovely!!! I want me one too!

FJ Donna