Thursday, March 12, 2009

Bookshelf Makeover

You may remember Sam's book shelf in his old room, from the home tour last year. When we moved, and rearranged the upstairs last week, it was in need of a serious makeover. We got rid of most of the movies and junk.

Hubby sanded and cleaned it. I painted it with black satin.
I found some baskets at Michael's today and insto facto, a whole new look.

Everything is tidy and organized. We'll see how long Sam can maintain.

7 comments:

jkluginbill said...

Nice makeover...and I do see some pictures above the bookshelves! The baskets are perfect...

Becky L. Beck said...

Tami you've got to be kidding me! That is huge... a huge makeover... Here is what I'd like to suggest and see IF you'll take me up on it. I bet you could sell tickets... a day in the life of Tami... and I want to shadow every move you makde from start to finish. Go shopping with you, pick your brain with every thought... etc. how bout it?? Please??

Anonymous said...

I'll buy a ticket! Great job Tami, love the shelf! If it was me, I would have taken it for myself and given my kid an ugly one!

theSNAPsisters said...

Sam is all growed up! Love the sleek black look.

Janice said...

Great re-do on the shelf! I love black! I'm always afraid to try to refinish stuff. Did you spray, roll or brush? My kids don't do well at keeping the room up - when we moved in 8 months ago I was sure they'd keep these new rooms nice - NOT!:-@

Tami said...

Janice- Good question. I always brush. And as tight and cheap as I am, I do have one area I never skimp.
The brush! Buy the best that you can. When I painted all the trim in our house I did not tape, steady hand and a good brush! It works.

Charlotte said...

the shelves look great, I always love using baskets to hide crap and these really look nice against the black...