Saturday, March 14, 2009

Daily Stuff

Yesterday I spent the afternoon with Kelly at Sole Obsession training for next Friday. Of course, the longer I am there, the more shoes I want. After work I was invited to have dinner at Robb and Kelly's place. She made the best chili I've ever had. Kelly, please share the recipe. When we sat down for dinner, Riley, their youngest asked his Mom, "is the girl staying?" Love being called a GIRL! Thanks for such a nice evening! Sweet, sweet family.

The upstairs is finished!
Max's bed.

Sam's bed.

Aren't they nice and cozy? Except Max is a brat and won't sleep in his new bed. "It squeaks and he can't sleep."
I. AM. Gritting. MY. TeeTH!

5 comments:

Kelly said...

Thanks for liking my chili. You had not choice really since it was the only thing being offered. :) Oh the life of a working mom. Well, the recipe is kinda in my head. Lets see...
1 lb ground beef
1/2 lb ground turkey
*cook meet, add salt and pepper to taste.
In crock pot mix:
1-2 cans stewed tomatoes, cut tomatoes into small pieces
1 can garbanzo beans, drained
1 can black beans, drained
1 large can tomatoe sauce
1 onion, chopped
1 cup frozen corn
2 cups of cut up veggies (whatever is in the fridge)- peppers, snap peas, carrots, sweet potatoes (cut small), celery, asparagus, etc
1-2 cloves garlic, minced
1 tbsp chili powder (to taste)
1-2 tsp cumin
1 tsp oregano
1 tsp basil
*Mix together. Add meat. Add more tomatoe sauce if not saucy enough.
*Cook on low heat all day. (8 hours)
I think that is all.
Enjoy.

Lisa said...

Hey girl! :)

The beds doooo look soooo cozy.

Very nice. Simple. Clean and homey. Love, love, love the floors too.

jkluginbill said...

Oh I am laughing. Seriously. Love. Max. :) Sounds just like Archer...

theSNAPsisters said...

So where is max sleeping?-if he is here I have not noticed:)

Janice said...

I echo Jodi's thoughts - where, pray tell, IS Max sleeping?? Will your boys' beds stay looking like this? Our kids' beds only look like that the day I change the sheets :-)!