Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Signs of Spring

If it isn't raining too hard, I try to walk to work. It is just over a mile, it is good for me and for my carbon footprint. These are some snaps of what I saw on my walk yesterday. By the way, there are many routes I can take so I change it up.
Fishtrap Creek with quince blossoms.
An obvious sign in the Grandiflora store window.
Tulips in downtown.
As I got closer to home I heard one of my favorite Spring sounds, my pressure washer! I got it from the guys for Mother's Day several years ago and I love that machine. After a quick lunch I took over for my hubby and went to town. He moved things around, I washed, it was poetry in motion. Now, if the sun comes out I have a good start. I haven't put out my lanterns, flowers or chochtkees(sp.) yet but Ooooh when the sun comes out I am ready.

After all the pressure washing fun we went and raided a friend's rhubarb. Keep an eye out for rhubarb recipes this week. My family loves the rhubarb. Rhubarb=Spring

2 comments:

Shelly said...

I enlarged the quince/creek photo so I could see it better....beautiful!

Terra said...

You saw such lovely things on your walk to work.