Caleb and Emilyn came over tonight and we sat in the hot tub. They always want to but forget their suits and I don't think of it. With reminder notes, phone calls and a group effort they remembered tonight. So, we have a good time in the hot tub and then go inside and while I am in the bathroom changing out of my suit, Emilyn comes to the door.
Emilyn-"Where is the fish?"
Me-"Just a second, I'm changing." (thinking oh no, I better have this conversation face to face.)
Emilyn-"Where is the fish?"
Me- "I'm coming."
Emilyn-"I am going to look in the key hole if you don't come out."
Me-"I'm coming-really."
Emilyn-"Where is the fish?"
Me-"Well, while we were in Hawaii, Levi took care of our house and animals and um, the fish died."
Emilyn- NOTHING -a really BIG silence.
More silence.
Emilyn-"Hmmm."
Me- "Sometimes that happens with pets."
Emilyn-"Hmmm."
I don't think that this went well, but maybe it did.
Then I mention Victoria and she says,"Who's Victoria?"- Is this familiar? Or what? Who's Victoria?=Vicky who? (See earlier post)
Me-"The fish, Victoria,"
Emilyn-" Oh, I never knew her name, just Fish."
Yikes! This whole fish thing has been painful.
No comments:
Post a Comment