Saturday, April 19, 2008

Baby, It's Cold Outside

Photo taken by MH Photography in a warmer climate and happier time-

I had an early start today. I am a scrambled egg maker at the school's pancake day every year. Normally, I do the early shift and then buy out their greenhouse plant sale, take home my plants and put them in the ground. Boy howdy, not this year. Those annuals would freeze to death fast. An Artic blast has hit the county and yesterday we had snow, hail and thunder and rain showers and lower than normal temperatures. It as been really cold and Spring seems a long way off.
I had hoped to wear short sleeves and capris when I returned tanned from vacation. It is hard to show off a good tan wearing a turtle neck and socks and shoes. I know that no one feels any sympathy for my plight. That's fine, I feel sorry enough for myself. It. is. cold. I am sick of it!
We have a funeral today for Peg Jansen, my brother-in-law Jeff's Mom. A sweet and kind Mom and Grandma. Fred and I are putting dinner together for the family tonight, we have tons of help. Last night we had foodie friends over. So, the weekend is busy but it is all good.

1 comment:

jkluginbill said...

Oh I am so ready for warmer weather. This is NOT making me happy. I think it is okay to feel sorry for ourselves now...Geez! :)