This morning I made a quick stop at The Green Barn, our local produce stand. Everything was beautiful and fresh. It has been ten+ nights since Hubby and/or I haven't had to be gone for or rush off after dinner. Home tonight. Yay!
The flour fairy made a stop at our house this week. Thanks! Someone went to Canada and brought back my favorite flour and left it on my doorstep. I broke into it this morning and mixed up a batch of cinnamon rolls. I can't explain it but I swear the angels sing when this flour hits the yeast.
Yesterday I had errands for the Museum Open House, including Bellewood Acres. Dorie and her husband are apple farmers that care about the environment and have a pretty farm. I had to pick up apples that they were donating for the cider press at the museum. Dorie told me that Troy had called and asked for "trash apples" for the press. She told me Troy should be informed that there are NO trash apples at Bellewood Acres. Hee hee! We had a good laugh and I set him straight. I bought some of their cider for my family too and some Honeycrisp apples. Their cider is the best in the world.
I am cooking, cleaning and putting new flannel sheets on our bed today. Love fall and flannel! Have a good weekend.
2 comments:
Just found your blog! Too cute!
I have used Robin Hood flour for years - ok decades, but with our US$ not being worth as much, and the hassle & lines at the border (no offense to your hubby)I decided to venture out and find something else. I found MORBREAD flour that I get at Cash & Carry..........and GASP...........I even like it better, especially for breads! I use it for everything. If you want to get some from me to try it out before you commit - just let me know and I'll bring some by. Hope you're having a blast this weekend!!
Post a Comment