Monday, October 13, 2008

Saturday Evening Party

Saturday evening we went back to the party barn for our annual pumpkin carving night. I wish I knew how many years ago this started but the boys were pretty little. It makes this mama so happy that even when they are teens they wouldn't miss it! Danny was home last year. We missed him this time.
The candelabra looks a bit different this week-

The main event-the buffet-Shelly's chicken wings and potatoes, Karen's appys and dessert tray and my Snicker's salad and black bottom cupcakes keep them coming back. Hubby made mini burgers this year.

Last year Shelly's Mom, Nelia joined us and this year our friend Adelene came too. They brought treats! We'll invite them back! Nelia brought her chicken kiev. On Shelly's blog you can see me do the "happy chicken kiev dance"!


Sam and his pumpkin-He carved the 'album leaf'. It is a tattoo that will get you into some concerts for free. Sam always has a themed nontraditional pumpkin.
Visit Shelly's blog for more photos of the evening. I'm hoping she gives out Nelia's chicken kiev recipe. Then we can all do the "chicken kiev happy dance".

3 comments:

jkluginbill said...

More fun times in the Party Barn! :)

I love that Sam is non-traditional in his pumpkin carving...and he just blends into that black background...kinda freaks me out!

Good food. Good friends. Fantastic!

Liz Harrell said...

Those pictures make me sigh, wish I could have been there. So fun!

Anonymous said...

Cool pic of Sam!