Friday, April 30, 2010

She Shoots, She Scores

On Fridays at boot camp we get to play a game after we run hills, use our weights, do push ups and sit ups etc. Today we played basketball. We have some new women in our group so we had to warn them. Explain ourselves, if you will.

No fouls are called, blood happens, take the shot, and get the ball! It's easy. Oh, and Melinda K. had a basketball career and no one else needs to play like her. Just let Mel and Robb battle it out. Karen always gives the sister disclaimer, Mel is like one of my sisters and sometimes we trash talk a bit. But we would never be so abrupt to the nice new women. So don't worry!

Tami(me) and the other Tami scored today and so did Tena. Yay! Tena is new, usually comes with her daughters. Her daughters weren't at boot camp today. We told her she has bragging rights. I told Tena to go to work at SSK and brag that she played basketball this morning against Melinda K. and scored. People will be impressed. Mel's reputation precedes her.

I'm sure everyone remembers the day I made the winning basket. If not, read this account.

No photos for this post, it's just too ugly.

Edited to add: Max scored a goal for his soccer team yesterday! Yay! He just noticed I didn't post about him this morning, instead it was all about me. Sorry. It will never happen again.

Max did score yesterday and I did yell, "Wooooo Hooo That's MY baby!"

2 comments:

Les Hon said...

Woot, woot to all the "score-ers" at the Stone House!

Holly said...

Since you did have the courtesy to blog about his amazing talents, it's a good thing we forced him out into the open for that picture!!! His claim to fame!!!

Way to go Maxi doodle!!