Sunday, April 4, 2010

Easter 2010

We had a very blessed Easter Sunday. An Easter church service with beautiful music, communion, a meaningful message. Emilyn and her doll, Emily had on pretty, new Easter dresses and sat with me. So sweet and pretty.

Then off to the farm for Easter dinner with family. We have dinner on Easter with my Mom's sister's family and my Dad's brother's family. Confused? We are too. It's been going on for years and is such a fun tradition.

I love Abby Jo but could have gone all day without knowing what she had just told me before I snapped this picture. "Tami, did you know that the Reese's eggs are the most fattening of the Easter candy?"

I love big brothers helping little brothers find the eggs and cute shorts for Easter. Gotta love the chocolate on Clayton's face.

I love the hunt and all the kids running around.

I love the BiG kids too! I missed Danny and Sam today, Cody was nice enough to have his picture with Max today.

I love little Max. He had a bowling accident, surgery and a big bandage but still managed to find lots of candy. He reminds me of my big Max and I love that!

I love how the kids agree to a photo before the hunt. Blackmail threats, or else, aren't nice to say on Easter but hey, no group photo, no Easter candy. It's that simple.

I love the pretty garden spots we had to hide the candy.

I love that our parents still make this day happen. Thanks Uncle Darryl and Aunt Judy for hosting this year.

I love that Hubby had the day off. He loved singing Handel's Alleluia Chorus with the choir Easter morning.

I love it that we had this beautiful baby at our Easter. Talia is so cute and sweet, Jodi is too.

I love it that Coach K brought his Easter basket. He is very blog tolerant.

I love having a baby at Easter, have I mentioned this before?

I love going to the farm for Easter. There is just something about it that makes for a special day.

And I love being sent home with a ham bone! Pea soup tomorrow...

7 comments:

Holly said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful day! So glad the 3 amigos could be together!!!!

I miss egg hunts...and babies...and farms...and big families...and...

Thanks for letting Max drive. Guess it wasn't cool to go with Brian!!! Always an adventure with those boys!!1


You would love the food and wine show. Pretty pricey, but lots of sampling!!! I don't drink much and don't care for wine, so it didn't interest me quite as much!!! Ashleigh enjoyed it though! Weird to have her drinking wine at Easter today too!!!


Enjoy spring break. Any exciting plans??

jkluginbill said...

Looks like fun! Wish we had a baby to cuddle...one year I'm sure! :)

Janice said...

I'd love your pea soup recipe - I have a ham bone too. I've tried to make pea soup twice - first time was awesome - 2nd time horrible! The recipe for the first batch was on the ham wrapper so it's gone.

Melinda said...

It was a great day! Thanks to Aunt Doris and Aunt Judy for keeping this tradition alive. We are blessed.

Katie said...

HAPPY EASTER!!!

Kathi said...

Great pics - thanks for sharing, missed all of you yesterday. Brings back a flood of Easter memories.

Kathi said...
This comment has been removed by the author.