Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Max Gets His Way again

Max loves this casserole. He's been asking for it for months and thanks to Aunt Judy sending everyone home with leftover ham on Easter, Max gets his wish for dinner tonight. It's an old recipe from my Mom.
Ham Broccoli Casserole

1- 10 oz. frozen broccoli (I microwave mine to thaw)
onion- saute 1/2 onion in 2 T.+ butter
1 can cream of celery soup
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1 can milk
3 c. diced ham
2 cups. Minute Rice
1/2 T. Worcestershire's sauce
1 cup grated cheddar cheese
Saute the onion, dice the ham, thaw the broccoli, mix the soups, milk and W. sauce, then mix everything into your casserole dish. I grate half the cheese, mix it in and then grate the other half to top it off.
Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes. I serve with a fruit salad.
I won't have a picture of the baked dish until dinner tonight but just in case you have leftover ham I thought you might need this recipe stat! The split pea soup was yummy last night. I don't have a recipe for my soup, it's a dumper!

There is something wonderful about recipes I can whip out in the morning, go to work and come home to Dinner's Ready!

4 comments:

Katie said...

OH that looks great, I love a good creamy, cheesy casserole!!! YUM!!!

Janice said...

I'll have to try this one - Em loves broccoli, I love rice - perfect combo! Thanks for sharing - although I'm still a little disappointed with the "dumper" soup.

Anonymous said...

Good old fashion comfort food...YUM! Of course MAx gets his way:)

Eloise said...

Oh, yum, that looks good! Thanks for sharing the recipe (or perhaps I should thank Max!).