Someday I'd like a pasta machine to experiment with pasta dough and shapes. I gained ten pounds owning a bread machine, so maybe a pasta machine isn't such a good idea. Has anyone tried to make homemade pasta? Did it work and was the effort worth it? Or is better to just go to D'Anna's?
4 comments:
Never had or will own a pasta maker...I have the bread machine which does enough damage...so much so I hide it under the counter behind other stuff just so I won't use it. :)
Hmmmm....I think it may be time to haul out the bread machine...thanks a lot Tami!
Forget the fancy pasta machine, a good rolling pin and either a $6.00 round or square ravioli cutter or a pastry wheel works like a charm. It's so simple to make a wonderful dough it's just flour and hot water. If you go to my blog you'll see the recipe from Giada with a twist and you'll see a picture of it. They come wonderful and they couldn't be easier. If you have any questions just ask....Sue
www.rue-mouffetard.blogspot.com just go to my August postings and it's almost at the bottom of the page.
Ask BIL Chef Jeff - he just finished reading "HEAT" - a book written by someone who worked in the kitchen with Mario Batali- there was a chapter on making pasta. My we could have a pasta making evening together...or we could just go out to DeAnnas!
I have a pasta attachment for my Kitchen Aid Mixer. I've used it occasionally. It's pretty fun and not difficult, it just takes some advance planning.
We have a lot of fresh pasta available at markets here in Dallas so that's usually the route I take. My kids think that making our own is awfully fun, though!
Post a Comment