Nothing says Fall like eyeballs on ice. Don't worry, they're chocolate. The packets are for orange hot cocoa. Yum!
I have made similiar Fall displays in my kitchen window before. I buy the little pumpkins and then spell out 'autumn' using stickers from my scrap booking supplies. "Fall is Fun!" is another good one.
Last Fall I found this metal/glass thingy at the Second Chance Thrift Store. I put gourds in it for Fall and shiney brights at Christmas. The table runner with cornucopias embroidered on the end is a garage sale find. The leaves are fake unless company is coming. The filbert nuts are from my folks' orchard.
Liz over at Mabel's House posted about decorating for Fall yesterday and inspired me to change things up a bit here. I mostly use things that I find here at home and in the grocery store.
More Fall fun...I went to the LCHS football game last night with Max. Hubby had another committment so I hooked up with Melinda and her boys. Max rode with me and ditched me fast. As Melinda says, "he wouldn't want anyone to know that he actually has a mother." Max told me not to talk to him or look for him. I told him-"right back at you buddy, don't come sit by me either!" That'll show a teen. Give it right back. The Lyncs beat Vancouver College. I had a nice visit with Mel, Leanne and Shannon. I got to hold Mike and Tricia's new baby, Addison. So darling.
Today cleaning, laundry, baking and making dinner for my guys who are all working today. Have a good weekend.
4 comments:
Very fun. You are all set for autumn. I have begun the autumn decorating process as well...must be in the air...I saw the BOO and fell in love. Love that Grandiflora!
I love the little pumpkins with letter stickers idea! I think I might have to copy! Heaven's knows I have enough scrapbooking stickers!
Cute stuff Tami!
I found you through Julie J. And since you made a reference to Shiny Brites, how could I not leave a comment? Nice decorations, I like the eyeballs too, but LOVE the hairy ears. Have you seen them? Hairy ears are essential to Halloween, I say.
I stopped by to see your pumpkins in the window...so cute! Doesn't it feel so good to have all your decorations out? I hope to get mine out this weekend...it has been a slow process! :) I love visiting your blog! What do you do for a museum? I used to be education director for a few museums over the years before I had my daughter. I just love the industry! :)
Carrie
Post a Comment