Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Walla Walla and I Want to Go Back

Hubby was off from work on Monday and Tuesday.  We decided to drive over to Walla Walla, Washington to celebrate.  It was Hubby's birthday on Sunday and it's Max's birthday on Thursday.  Hubby and I stayed at the Marcus Whitman Hotel in downtown Walla Walla.  It is a beautiful old hotel with a new wing that ties in very nicely.  We got upgraded to a Junior King Suite.  Their breakfast is really good too.  
We had dinner in the Vineyard Lounge with Max and Thomas.  We had other plans butwhile we were waiting for the guys Hubby and I had a glass of wine and saw what was coming out of the kitchen we knew we had to stay.  We texted the guys and they joined us.  One of Max's classmates was our waitperson, so that was fun.
Max drove us all over sightseeing.  It is beautiful wheat and vineyard country over there.  I love the L'Ecole #41 Winery.  It's in an old schoolhouse.
It was so much fun to see where Max lives, goes to school and how well he has gotten to know the community.  I can tell he has really grown up as he turned the car around so his mama could go to an estate sale.  Nicely done, Max!

I didn't take any pictures this trip.  All pictures on this post are from google.  I was in the moment and I was really busy looking around.  It is a wonderful town and though I have no reason to move to Walla Walla Hubby and I both thought it a wonderful place to live.  The hundred plus tasting rooms may have had something to do with that thought.

We took Max and Thomas out for lunch and then left for home.  We made a few stops yesterday, including my favorite, Country Mercantile in Pasco.  Yum!  If you haven't been there, put it on your bucket list.  
It is worthy.

Happy Birthday to Hubby and Max!  I was happy to help you celebrate.

1 comment:

Holly said...

Good for you for being spontaneous! I want to get over there someday. My mouth dropped on the floor when I read that Max turned around for an estate sale...actually turned around? didn't just say, "oh, did you want to go to that? I can turn around if you really want me to"? I can't even imagine!!!

Happy birthday Fred...and you too Maxi Doodle!!