Monday, May 13, 2013

Oh Mama!

 Mother's Day began on Thursday evening for me.  Max surprised me by coming home for the weekend.  He brought me a box of shiney brites.   Max definitely knows what his mama loves, he brought me some wine from Walla Walla too.  It was going to be my first Mother's Day without any of the guys at home.  I was so happy to have Max here for the weekend.  And I got call from Danny and Sam yesterday.  I am blessed by my guys.
We set a special table for the Moms in the sitting room.  Since it is lilac season I chose lavender and green for the tables.  We have brunch on Mother's Day.  The place cards were sugar cookies with each mama's   first initial.  I'll be sharing more about the cookies later this week.
 Hubby's parents came for the day, and my parents, and my sisters and their families were here.
It was pretty special for Hubby and I to have both of our Moms here to celebrate with us.
I filled the house with big and small bouquets of lilacs. 
 After everyone left Hubby came with my book, a pillow and a blanket and  led me to the sofa.  He then went into the kitchen and tackled the dishes.  So yes, it was a very nice day for this mama!

2 comments:

Les Hon said...

He's a keeper, that hubby of yours!

What a lovely, lovely table and all your decor! I'm sure the moms present loved it!

Sweet pictures of you and your moms...These will be precious!

Loved the Mother tea cup with lilacs...another treasure gets a Second Chance! ;)

Les Hon said...

By the way...the stained glass looks awesome!