Friday, April 23, 2010

Friday Random

Finish each day and be done with it. You have done what you could. Some blunders and absurdities no doubt crept in; forget them as soon as you can. Tomorrow is a new day; begin it well and serenely and with too high a spirit to be encumbered with your old nonsense. -Emerson

It's early but I'd like to forget this morning. Soccer at boot camp this morning, that is. The score is tied, Robb yells that the next score wins. I go for the save, miss it, like kick and miss, they score, my team loses.

It just keeps replaying in my mind. It was a slow motion, super fast, split second.

Max had a good soccer game yesterday. It ended with a win for LCHS. He is loving soccer and I am too.

Some great news, I'm reading a really good book, Saving CeeCee Honeycutt by Beth Hoffman. Makes me want to lay around and read, instead I will be cleaning and doing laundry this morning. Nice to know it's waiting for me.

This afternoon I'm going to work for a few hours. My kindergarten teacher is getting married tomorrow and her reception is going to be at the museum. Nothing like young at heart true love. Only for Mrs. Springer would I work on a Friday! I wonder if we'll get to sing, i'm a little teapot, short and stout, here is my handle, and here is my spout... with motions. Favorite part of kindergarten for me.

Hubby and I are getting excited for our honeymoon cruise. The last time we went away for more than one night, and not for business or anything to do with our guys was when Sam was a toddler. It's time.

That Sam I Am is back from the field and will be calling us tonight. I can't wait! He left a note on FB that he is off to Airborne so he must have gotten accepted. Then on to Fort Bragg for more medical training. Go Sam Go!

4 comments:

Melinda said...

Don't worry about the miss....it was getting late and we needed to go anyway.

Les Hon said...

Mrs. Springer is getting married? Wow...

Go with Emerson, and forget the soccer...Just think on the honeymoon cruise to come...Seize that day (forget the Spanx!).

Glad Sam is doing well!

Tami said...

oh Tami don't worry about boot camp! its only a game and I felt like I wasn't on my game either! It was fun and thats all that matters!

michele said...

Hi Tami... Mrs. Springer is getting married... or got married yesterday?! WOW! I think she was both my mom and my husband's kindergarten teacher!