Friday, April 9, 2010

A Cold Spring Break

It's Spring Break, Max has vacation from school, Hubby has 6 days off and it has been a relaxing break. I worked this week but now I am finished and I totally took this morning off. Coffee in bed, hot tub, read a bit, a nice break. I felt like trying a new yeast recipe so I have rolls rising this morning.

Earlier this week Max had soccer games. He scored! The second half of this game pictured I watched from the car. It wasn't raining before the game, so I walked to Bender fields, got caught in a downpour, then sat in the wind and rain for the first half. This after being at work where the furnace was broken for a week and a half. Sitting at my desk, at 56 degrees makes this old lady chilled to the bone and very stiff. I spent evenings going to bed early to warm up.

Next year for Spring break we are going somewhere warm!

Tyler came for dinner last night and once again he brought me the best hostess gift. The Little Stone House written by Berta and Elmer Haden. A sweet story about a family that builds their stone house, loves living in their stone house and does some fun entertaining. Sound familiar? Thanks Holly! I love it and I know that you're the one that sends Tyler with those great gifts.



Everyone is pretty happy here too.
The End

6 comments:

Katie said...

IT certainly Has been a Cold Spring Break!!

I love the hostess gift & love the tradition of it. Not many recognize it anymore, but it sure is a great way to show your appreciation of being welcomed into ones home!

michele said...

Oh that book looks sooo cute! What a little treasure!

jkluginbill said...

Nothing like the furnace to make the museum a fun place to work...don't worry you'll get toasty warm this summer! :)

Cute book. I love the illustrations!

Cristi said...

Hey Tami,

I am loving reading your blog! Fun and random...life is good!! Maybe I'll see you walking the corn fields this summer...jump the ditch and enjoy a glass of wine with me on the patio...

Pollywog Pearls said...

The perfect book for you! I love it. The pictures are making me cold just looking at it. Please tell me you had a little fire in the fireplace too. Glad your house is a pretty happy house too. Miss you.

Jenn said...

I love old books... what a great find!!

Jenn~