Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Lots of Action

You'll have to hang in there with me this morning. A bit of a ramble... Today it is one year since I jumped on the big blog adventure. Yep, I've been blogging for a year. I thought about a huge giveaway to get all my readers/stalkers to come out of hiding, or stopping after one year and saying good bye. Adios amigas.
But neither is working for me today. It has been crazy busy here, so no give away. Maybe later. I'm not going to stop writing either, I need the brain exercise. So, I guess I'll just ramble on.
Max's game on Monday was fun, they won. I like to win. Max missed a pass on Monday, first time in high school. There was wailing and gnashing of teeth. Boy howdy. He is four for five with one resulting in a touchdown. Glad we got that fumble out of the way. Hubby likes to give Max his own special cheer- "We want some Maxtion!" Last game is on Friday. Uncle John is coming to watch the game.
With football, a choir concert last night and driver's ed three nights a week we are running a bit ragged.

One family tail gates in the bleachers during the game, Monday they heated potato soup on the camp stove and then had bread and jam. It is fun to watch them.

I had Hot Chicken Salad in the oven and I will share that recipe soon. I made it a salad supper with jello and a poppyseed, cranberry salad.

Tonight Caleb and Emilyn are coming to visit. We are going to try to recreate the haunted castle cake from Sur la Table.

Good times! And Happy Blogaversary to moi!

5 comments:

jkluginbill said...

Happy Blogaversary to YOU! I am glad you are going to keep writing AND if you really want to give something away I will take it. Make it easy on you!

I so want you to make the cake!

Megan Kelley Hall said...

Thanks for entering the Mabel's House contest to win my debut suspense novel, SISTERS OF MISERY! Even if you don't win, I hope you get a chance to read and enjoy it!

xoxo
Megan Kelley Hall

P.S. Happy Halloween!!

Julie said...

happy anniversary to you!
I'm off to Luke's last game. You didn't lose a black & white cat, did you? Cuz she's parked on my front doorstep. :P

Eloise said...

I hope you know how much I enjoy your blog! Happy Anniversary!

Janice said...

I must say your blog is addicting! It would be sad if you just disappeared! I think I've gained weight since I've become a regular reader - but - keep 'em coming, it's cold and rainy, what are a few pounds!!