*After I add the beef, I add shake on some Montreal's steak seasoning and some seasoning salt, then I add the vegetables.
Stir and top with some parsley. Leave on low setting all day. I usually put it together in the morning while I'm in the kitchen making lunches. If I am home I stir it occasionally throughout the day. The soups, meat juices and the water from the vegetables make a nice gravy.
Don't jump to any conclusions with the next photo. I am not sippin' and stirrin', on a daily basis anyway. Keep reading. An hour before dinner I put a loaf of beer bread in the oven to serve with the stew. I got this recipe from my Hubby's Mom.
Beer Bread
1/2 tsp. salt
3 C. self rising flour
3 T. sugar
1 can of beer
Stir together all ingredients until well mixed. Pour into buttered 9x5x3 inch loaf pan. Bake at 350 degrees about an hour or until loaf tests done.
5 comments:
I love beer bread and that apple bread below looks amazing too! Thank you for participating in the Need to Knead Bread Round Up. I really appreciate it.
Yummy! The beer bread recipe... ;)
Thank you for participating in our Need To Knead Bread Roundup, Tami. If you link all your individual bread posts rather than your main blog, it will be easier for participants to find your bread recipes a few days and weeks from now.
I love my crock pot too. That stew looks perfect for the upcoming winter months.
Joy
Need To Knead Bread Round Up
I'll be making this one. Meat and potatoes....nothin' better for this Dutch girl.
Once again - I'm glad I can't gain weight reading your posts! I've tried a similar stew but w/only tomato soup not the cr. of mushroom too - it was a little tangy! Can't wait to try your recipe - the bread too!
Post a Comment