Our pastor's message this morning was about worship, how God makes it possible for us to worship and He wants us to worship. When we aren't there (physically or spiritually) it is a huge disappointment for Him. I told my guys it is like if you are looking forward to Uncle John visiting and then he has to cancel. Just an example, Uncle John is not going around breaking hearts, but I used this example because my guys love their Uncle John and his visits. I think that made it real for them. Anyway, I need to take more steps to prepare my heart for Sunday mornings. I had a visit with our youth pastor after the service and as I was leaving he told me this conversation was good for my soul. Mine too, Shawn.
We usually go to church on Sunday mornings and then to my folks for dinner. My mom is a great cook. In our busy weeks I don't see much of my sisters and brother and their families so it is nice that we have Sunday Dinner together. Of course, not everyone comes every week and sometimes Mom and Dad have plans, but when it works it is nice. They have some friends that come too.
After dinner I read, nap, walk, hang out with my guys. Today I will be making Valentines because the LOVE WEEK starts tomorrow. It is all very relaxing until late evening when someone remembers that they have homework. Makes me crazy! That is pretty much how we spend a regular Sunday. Aren't we blessed?
3 comments:
Sounds like a lovely Sunday. I saw your mom yesterday having coffee and chocolate...Yum!
I know Archer has homework to finish this weekend, but I am trying that "him taking responsibility" thing...until around 7 then I get on him!
Happy Sunday!
Such a nice tradition, and great reference point with Uncle John!
Nice post...Sunday dinner is a blessing that should not be taken for granted.
Post a Comment