I have pretty much made the same Valentine's Day dinner for twenty years. The co-stars change but the leading lady is the heart shaped meatloaf. At a later time I will post the Green Beans Bundles of Love recipe. Yummy! Since it was also 'Single Awareness Day' yesterday we invited a friend. Adelene has been in the dumps since Matthew McC. left her for that Brazilian model. Our boys really like Ad, so they gave the go ahead to inviting someone for this special dinner. She came looking beautiful, wearing red in the spirit of the day and bearing gifts. Nice!
I wish I had more photos to share but once dinner was ready, we were busy eating, talking and laughing. Fun times!
FAQ- So, what does the hubby do for you, someone that LOVES Valentines? Answer- I hestitate to tell you, ladies, you will be green with envy...He always buys me a mushy card, and yesterday he mopped and waxed the wood floors, there's more but I hesitate to share...He made the dinner rolls from scratch and he put new sheets on our bed (beautiful high count sheets). What you are experiencing right now is "hubvy"-hubby envy.
5 comments:
I am Ad's niece from Iowa. How nice of your family to invite her for your Valentine's dinner. I know that you had a good time - she's always a good time.
I have been reading your blog for a month or so - very enjoyable. I would say that I envy your cooking, creativity and writing skills. Well done!
Gert
Love it! For many years we had heart shaped meatloaf decorated with catsup swirls, heart shaped rasp. jello and potatoes carved into hearts. This year we traded up to beef tenderloin... oh man it was gooood.
Love the menus, veryyy pretty...as usual.
We also had a single for dinner...not so fancy tho!
David A is up cleaning carpets!
Lovely table. And sounds like a lovely evening! Love your placemats - you are so Valentine-y! Love it! :)
Archer picked our place for dinner - good boy. And, he was Susan' Valentine - you should ask her about forgetting VDay, even Dick remembered!:)
My husband recently bought us some high thread count Egyptian cotton sheets - we are lovin' those!
Gert-
Thanks for stopping by, we love your Aunt Ad.
She is a lot of fun.
Post a Comment