Monday, November 5, 2007

Teenage Boys

It is the seventh night of Fred's swing shift rotation. It is not said out loud but my boys "know" that by the seventh night I am weary. I have made all the parenting decisions for a week...you know the kind...May I go? May I have a friend over? May I stay out past curfew etc. So tonight Sam, Max and I sit down for dinner and Sam says to me (even before I can pray) "I've been thinking, I'd like to get a tatoo and my motorcycle license. Ummmm-NO! Oh and he wants to go to girls' volleyball state this week in Yakima even though he has not been to a match this year. Ooooh. Those boys are fun. After dinner Max tells me he no longer has "the will to go to school or do homework". What is that all about? He is now sprawled on the couch.
I have to stay the course and just say NO! but I'm not sure I have "the will to parent."
Yikes!!!

1 comment:

jkluginbill said...

I can't believe you. Those all sound like reasonable requests. I mean really! :)

My parenting is at an all time high right now as well...Maybe our boys should start a support group!