Monday, April 9, 2012

Easter on the Farm 2012

We had Easter on the farm this year.  It seems complicated to other people but it's really very simple.  On Easter we get together with my Dad's brother's family and my Mom's sister's family.  My Dad's SIL and my mom's sister were BFF's in high school, my Mom's sister passed away, but her kids and grandkids still come but her husband doesn't cuz he got remarried.  What's so complicated about that?
Anyhoo, my Uncle Darryl and Aunt Judy hosted this year and they live on the farm, I love that, Easter, new life, a farm, it's great.  Aunt Judy made a darling centerpiece that she'd seen on pinterest.  I love it when someone actually makes something from pinterest instead of just pinning it.

There is a basketball court upstairs in their barn.  The bigs and the littles had a wild game.  I think it was Levi and Max against Alex and the littles.
Emily trying to guard Dylan.  You go girl!
Abby Jo, (I just love her) is turning into a beautiful young woman.  She is so kind.
Huh?  Romeos (farmer boots) and basketball shorts?  Girl, where is your pretty Easter dress and bonnet?
As you can see in the background behind Dylan, the farm is right on the US Canada border.  We try to keep our Easter egg hunt good clean fun so as not to turn it into an international incident.
Hey, it's minimax!
Miss T. had a nap right before the hunt.  She looked so pretty in her Easter dress.
Hey bud, thanks for taking time to smile, there's an egg in the branches for you!
Thanks for hosting us Uncle Darryl and Aunt Judy!  Thanks Kathi for making and bringing the potato casserole for me!  Thanks for running around with my camera, Melinda!
It took me a good part of the morning to get get ready to go, I'm a little slow on the crutches and just kinda woozy in the morning; however, I made to dinner.

3 comments:

Melinda said...

What a great Easter! Love our eclectic group. :)

Anonymous said...

It's all good. We are lucky to have family and beyond. The explanation was brillant.

Anonymous said...

Mindy
That was my comment, sorry but I can't seem to figure out how to comment unless I am annomous