Earlier this week Hubby and I went with Max to visit Walla Walla Community College. Max took the placement test. We took a tour and met with the director of the Agriculture Department. We looked at apartments and drove all over while exploring Walla Walla.
Walla Walla used to be known for their sweet onions and the penitentiary. Now they are known for their wine making. Their downtown area has won awards for a downtown that is revitalized. They had a mall but it went bankrupt! I loved the area and the residential areas. There are some beautiful old houses that have been maintained.
I think Max is feeling good about his decision. He can get two degrees in two years and his CDL (driver's license for big trucks). He will have several quarters with class overloads but he can get his AA in Agri-Business and in Plant and Soil Science.
And Hubby and I can visit him with many stops along the way at all of the wineries and wine tasting rooms. Walla Walla has around 100 wine makers in the area.
How fun is that?
*I didn't take any photos as I could tell it would just irritate Max and it was a trip that was all about Max.
His brothers would ask... and how is that different from any other trip? LOL
Walla Walla used to be known for their sweet onions and the penitentiary. Now they are known for their wine making. Their downtown area has won awards for a downtown that is revitalized. They had a mall but it went bankrupt! I loved the area and the residential areas. There are some beautiful old houses that have been maintained.
I think Max is feeling good about his decision. He can get two degrees in two years and his CDL (driver's license for big trucks). He will have several quarters with class overloads but he can get his AA in Agri-Business and in Plant and Soil Science.
And Hubby and I can visit him with many stops along the way at all of the wineries and wine tasting rooms. Walla Walla has around 100 wine makers in the area.
How fun is that?
*I didn't take any photos as I could tell it would just irritate Max and it was a trip that was all about Max.
His brothers would ask... and how is that different from any other trip? LOL

No comments:
Post a Comment