Chapter 5
Meanwhile, I've been waiting for appointments and answers for my knee and jumping through insurance hoops and referrals. Fortunately, there were cancellations, I was able to have my MRI and see an orthopedic surgeon on Friday. I was hoping for a sprain, or a torn meniscus or a torn ACL or none of the above. Unfortunately, my knee has a torn meniscus, a torn ACL, and a contusion on the bone. I've been sent home for a week to reduce swelling and increase my range of motion(ROM). It's difficult as I try to increase the range of motion, it tends to swell back up. I'm working on it though.
On Friday I return to the doctor and then I'm scheduled for surgery on the following Tuesday.
I've had a lot of help. Rides, dinners, gardeners, visitors, care packages, flowers and housekeeping have all shown up. Max and Kassie worked hard on Saturday.
I am overwhelmed and very grateful for every friend and family member that have helped me.
I'm taking care of correspondence, balancing the checkbook, keeping up on the laundry, and making lists of things that I need to take care of after I recover.
I am trying to stay positive, improve my ROM,reduce the swelling and keep my sanity.
Max is amazing and has been very, very good to his Mama.
I'll keep you posted.
I'll keep you posted.
No comments:
Post a Comment