Christmas 2010 struck me as different. My guys are older, they fly in and out. Literally. We celebrated Christmas with Danny on the 13th of December. Then he flew to Grand Rapids to start his new job at Bistro Bella Vita and more schooling. Sam came home on the 17th and left again yesterday. I took him to Seatac at o'dark thirty. It was the beginning of a very long day for Sam. He got as far as Atlanta and hit delays. gate changes, more delays and finally a flight cancellation. He met some guys and they rented a car and drove to Fayetteville where they had a foot of snow. Lost luggage, of course.

My guys were not home for Christmas at the same time this year. Now Danny will be busy with work and school, Sam is busy in the army and neither of them will be back for a year. Next Christmas when Sam comes home he will leave here and be deployed. Danny will be finishing school. Max will be a senior in high school and looking ahead to his plans.
So, as I look forward to next Christmas I am already prioritizing for next year and reflecting on this Christmas . It's going to be different next year. We'll make plans and will not be changing them to try to please others, we will be home, we will celebrate with a traditional Christmas. Maybe a family day of skiing, boarding and snowshoeing at Mt. Baker. This is all God willing, but I am hoping and praying for a Christmas with the five of us next year.
And next year I think I'll drag my guys to the mall for one more photo with Santa.
3 comments:
Oh I think a trip to the mall to see Santa is a great idea!
Hope you had a great Christmas! :)
You'll have to bring a cigar for Santa too!
I should refocus my thoughts and the chaos in my life right now. I have messes, fighting, ungrateful behaviors,whining, coughs, doctor and dentist apts. I always get sick between Christmas and my B-day. Such is true this year too! I should be happy they are all home and healthy. Deep breaths Mindy, deep breaths!
Post a Comment