Tuesday, December 28, 2010
Our New Room
We are in our new rooms and are really enjoying them. I feel really spoiled. We put away all power tools and paint brushes for December. In January we will get going again. The crown moulding isn't painted or installed, the shoe system isn't in the closet and I don't have anything hanging on the walls yet, however; it's very livable.
I shopped my house and decorated for Christmas. In 2011 I'll find some other decor to add to the room.
The gas stove is a Hearthstone and it is the same color and brand as our wood stove. We love our Hearthstone stoves. Hubby designed the backdrop with our trim. It sits right on the carpet. We went with carpet and it is the only carpet in the house. It feels pretty cozy.
The chandelier and sconces are Thomasville. Old Hollywood was how they were described by Thomasville and I think it's a pretty apt description. A dimmer, of course. Including the hall, bedroom and bathroom I used eight sconces. Our electrician called me Mrs. Sconce, he probably called me other names behind my back...




We matched the trim to our existing house and it made me feel a lot better. Before the trim went up I felt it looked too new and it was freaking me out. The glass block is where the window to outside was in the original bathroom. It allows for some natural light into the old bath from the new bathroom.
We are loving the new shower, no door or curtain to clean. I bought a bath mat but no water splashes out so we haven't needed it. The bathroom floor is Marmoleum, I love it. The feel is nice and it cleans up easily.
I am so glad we did this addition/remodel. It kinda made me crazy but now it's almost done and we are loving our new space. We were glad to have another bathroom over the holidays and a quiet spot to hide when the house was full. It is a refuge.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Everything looks beautiful! Great job!
Oh! It's lovely!! Enjoy, enjoy...
Thanks for the sneak peak! Our cabinet guy called me the "drawer queen" - again, other names I'm sure too! Happy New Year my friend!
very beautiful! you did a great job!
Post a Comment