Thursday, July 8, 2010

Cake Toppers and Such


Last week when I hosted a bridal shower for Kristin my Mom contributed to the Something Old table. She had their wedding cake topper. I think it is really sweet and if I had a daughter I would encourage her to use it. But I don't have girls.

Mom also had all of the little gift cards from her bridal showers. They were perched in with the cake topper, pearls, beaded purse and pink roses as a centerpiece. It was fun to see my great aunt's signatures on these cards filled with best wishes.

Hubby and I had a Precious Moments as a cake topper. Dad and Mom's topper got me to thinking about what we keep and what we discard. Since I don't have daughters I sometimes wonder why I am keeping my topper, my wedding dress, my wedding shoes and more.

Will someone want them? What do you keep and why?

2 comments:

Janice said...

My friend called last night and is having a garage sale and wanted to know if she should sell her daughter's disney dress up clothes ie: Belle, Cinderella, Jasmine, etc. That's a tough one......
I'm afraid I'm a tosser -when one moves 16 times in 23 years - you tend to clean things out a lot! We too had a precious moments topper - I have it in my china case with a few other precious moments figurines.

Melinda said...

Hmmm....maybe our granddaughters will want this wedding memorabilia?? I also still have our Precious Moments cake topper...must have been the cool thing back in the 80's.