Monday, July 26, 2010

PreVacation Crazies


Hubby is on a little trip and I plan to meet up with him later this month. I'm busy getting ready.
*I like to leave my desk in good shape at the museum. Work all done etc.
*I like to have the museum calendar in good order before I leave town.
*I like to leave my house in ship shape condition before I pack up.
*I need to get a haircut and color and a pedicure.
*I want every bit of ironing caught up.
*I need to mow the lawn.
*I should wash all the vehicles.
*I need to pack just the right things in carry on luggage.
*I have to get everything ready for the Northwest Washington Fair for the FFA Dairy.
*I have to take my vitamins and EmergenC every day because I usually get sick after a trip, sometimes during the trip. Prevention!
*I have to get my menu firmed up for Garden Party Dinner. I have main course this year.
*I need to get notes ready for my house sitter, gardener, Hawley sitter, extraordinaire, Zach.
These prevacation crazies have been brought to you by yours truly. I do it every time, make myself crazy, that is. I prefer to leave on vacation later in the day so I can change everyone's bed sheets before we take off. Early flights make that difficult as no one will get out of their beds so I can change the sheets. The guys have not always cooperated with me.

Whew, I am going to need a vacation.

Can you guess where I'm headed? If I'm polishing my cowgirl boots...

REMEMBER THE CONTEST AND WIN!!! JUST LEAVE YOUR COMMENT IN THE PREVIOUS POST.

3 comments:

Janice said...

I know the boots would fit in at George - but certainly a "real" vacation with that much prep to get out the door must be more extradorinary!?!?!?!

Les Hon said...

Have fun shopping in Dallas, ya hear?!

And I think you must be Dutch to make yourself that crazy before you go to relax...but I completely understand...Just not about changing the sheets. Why not change them the day before and just get in them when you get back...

That's the one that made me wonder...Free yourself!!!

Have fun!

Holly said...

How much time do you have to get this all done?? Do you have it all scheduled out...how much per day???

Went to the Nordy sale here...not great. Hope it's better down there. More exciting....HOBBY LOBBY!!!! Would love to see that store!!! Take an extra suitcase!!!

Have fun!!