It's a giveaway on my blog. Never before have I hosted a giveaway even though it's a popular bloggers' pastime. That said, today is the day and here is the scoop.
1. Leave a comment and you'll be entered. Easypeasy!
2. Non-bloggers may leave a comment under anonymous, just "sign" your comment with your name.
3. These giveaway rules are making me feel pretty official when actually I'll dump your names in a bowl and draw one lucky winner.
4. I never did a giveaway because I never had anything so cool to give as I do now.
5. My sitemeter tells me I've had over 77,000 visits, 150 hits a day, but I get an average of 2.3 comments per post. WHO are you people? Beside knowing that you're shy, I know nothing about you.
6. It was a week of stalkers aka sweet and shy readers, introducing themselves to me out on the streets. This led to me wondering who are my readers.
7. My friend Ree,Pioneer Woman has many giveaways and she always tells us that she is having the giveaway because she loves us more than her luggage. I've always wanted to say that so here goes... Cuz, I love you more'n my luggage.
8. The prize!!! is the Lynden Christian School Centennial Cookbook. I just picked up my copy and yours from the school office. It is super thick with 500 recipes!
And the artwork is very groovy. Becky VH was the photographer and I am proud to say Miss Holly, who is my friend, over at I Wish I Were a Walton, was on the committee and her collections of groovy vintage items are used in the photos, along with torn recipe borders from the LCS 1930's cookbook.
9. There are some delicious recipes in the book, including Cran-Turkey Enchiladas. That recipe caught my eye and now they are all I can think about.
10. So, it's a contest, enter and you might just win it!
11. I like these numbered rules, better than blogging about the squirrel invasion at the Stone House or that an eat less, move more is going on. In a optimistic moment I returned the dress I bought to wear to Josh and Kristin's wedding and got the smaller size. Why do I do things like that? What was I thinking? In the summer when I love to BBQ and make new cocktail recipes... And now I want to bake Leslie's raspberry recipe.
I'm finding friend's recipes. Miss Leslie, my favorite raspberry farmer, submitted a yummy raspberry recipe that I can't wait to try.
Yummy fun! Enter today and tell me a bit about yourself. Like who you are, if you like mayo, if you're crazy, if you live on a boat, or tell me your dirty little secret. Well, maybe not that, but tell me something.
I'm off to my patio to drool over my new cookbook. Have a good weekend and enter through Monday evening.
22 comments:
Count me in on the giveaway. I love cookbooks and read them like novels!! Cheryl Davis
You can throw my name in that jar too! The cover is cool and I haven't picked one up yet. Hopefully, I'll see you Monday morning at boot camp!
My name is Julie and I have never been to Finland.
Please put my name in your bowl, because I neeeeeeed a new chocolate chip cookie recipe. :)
Can I win if I'm related to you? I'm planning to purchase the cookbook ASAP at LC -- so if you draw me, give it to the blog comment what lives the furthest away.
Hello Tami, It's Sheri Groen...You babysat my siblings & I back in the day, but now I am Max's granny b/c my daughter, Brielle is his mother...let's just say "it's complicated"! Thought you should know..lol! Please enter me in your wonderful giveaway. Thx
Hello! I read your blog often and fell in love with your Smore Bars that you had posted a while back! I just took them on our camping trip and was asked to make a double or triple batch for next years trip! I found your blog through Michele J. and I am very good friends with her sister Natasha! That cook book looks great and would love to be entered in your drawing! Lindsey R.
Pick me! Pick me!
1. dont enter me
2. give it to my "granny"
3. dont mess with the enchiladas, I like yours how they are now.
you know
You'll love the Raspberry Braid!! Easy & good...Thanks for featuring my recipe (blush). I'm flattered!
No need to put my name in the hat. My cookbook is ordered and paid for, but not picked up yet...Now I can't wait!
I would love for you to enter me in your contest. I do follow you and Holly is a bloggy friend of mine also so I would love to see the pictures and try the recipes of coarse!
You should pick me because I have committed to baking one new recipe per week for a year, and I'm blogging about it. And because I would bake Leslie's Raspberry Braid recipe and blog about it. And because my copy of the "old" Lynden Christian cookbook (handed down from my mom) fell apart. And because my mom is dating your uncle. Ha! There's a random piece of information for ya. :)
Pick me! Pick me!
www.ayearinthelifeofmykitchen.blogspot.com
Hi Tami -
I am one of your secret stalkers :) One who checks but doesn't comment. I would love the cookbook! Tressa
I just want to say that you crack me up Miss Tami! :) Happy giveaway!!!
Hi, it's Sandy and I'm obsessed with finding the Dutch Balls of Evil!! Lisa Stadt thinks you're cool too! Sandy VanDer Vliet
I know how you feel - the first month of nathan's recovery we were getting about 1200 hits a day!! But, the most comments we ever received were 15!! I'm just heading out to my patio - wish I had picked up a cookbook already to peruse - great reading!!
I know, I know . . . I am one of those secret stalkers!! Don't really mean to be secret . . . just love reading your blog. I just live around the corner from you on Sunrise Drive and have to turn my head toward your home every time I drive by. I love it! I found your blog via one of my besties, Cheryl Davis. I guess I'll quit stalking and start talking! :) Saralee Lathrop
I have followed your blog for some time and absolutely love it. I enjoy your recipes, entertaining ideas, decorating ideas and how special you treat my Aunt Ad. We just spent a few days in Lynden with her and had a great time. We are still in Washington & will head to Alaska in a couple days. Thanks for entering my name. Gert Blom (Iowa)
Enter me!! :) I do not live on a boat but I would LOVE to!!
Love, love, love your blog. I link through Janice K.'s blog. I grew up in Lynden. I have loved your house since I was a little girl. Boy, oh boy, was I excited when I happened upon your blog. :) My parents live in Lynden, in fact, my dad has a farm supply store near your house, so I still get to see your house whenever I'm in town.
Thanks for all the great posts. Love the recipes, garden pics, decorating ideas.
Lisa C.
Do we get extra entries for having the funniest comment? I don't know why I asked, I've got a whole lot of nothing here.
Yes Tami, I have to admit I am one of your "blog stalkers." Love it!
Cassi Flint
I really like cookbooks! :)
Aunt Judy
Post a Comment