For breakfast I have a smoothie, in season I go for the fresh strawberry option. Ice, water, vanilla protein, light yogurt and berries.
I have no photos of lunch as I just stand at the sink, rinse, eat repeat.
Last night for dinner I made Grandma's waffle recipe for dinner. Berries are at their finest on the waffles.
Grandma's Waffles
1 cup flour
3 tsp. baking pwd.
1/2 tsp. salt
1 egg separated, I use 2 egg whites, 1 yolk.
1 1/2 cup milk, maybe a bit less if you want the batter thicker
2 T. melted butter
Beat egg whites and set aside.
Melt the butter,set aside.
Mix dry ingredients, add egg yolk, milk and butter. Fold in the egg whites.
I beat the egg whites with my hand mixer, then use the mixer to whip up the butter, yolk and milk and then on low to fold in the egg white. If you do it in that order you don't have to wash the beaters in between.
I don't have pictures of the waffles with berries and dairy because both of the phones were ringing as the waffles were ready and yeah, dinner got a little staggered and crazy.
Trust me though, it was pretty and delicious.
1 comment:
Yep - I use the same recipe - and we love strawberries and waffles - don't forget the whip cream!!!! Can you believe I haven't had any strawberries yet?? Good goal for today!
Post a Comment