Saturday, January 23, 2010

A Smattering of Information

Yesterday I made a peach pie and some rustic bread. Two loaves of bread because I added the water and then couldn't remember how much I had put in, added more, didn't look right so I mixed up another loaf and let them rise. They both baked up just fine. It's me I'm worried about.

I started a mini book project yesterday. I started with a 25 cent board book from the thrift store.

I painted the edges pink.

Then I cut a pattern for my paper.

And then...I went to Safeway and got some groceries. Hubby and I have a friendly competition going with our savings percentage. I was pretty proud of 39%, especially since I bought two Dutch soup mixes and they NEVER go on sale and have doubled in price. He told me he'd be impressed when I got in the 40%+ range. Game on!

Back home I mod podged over the book pages, covering each page with the paper and after it dried I sanded the edges. This book had 22 pages, I didn't have enough coordinating prints so I used some solids. Solids don't sand very nicely. Mental note for next time-find a smaller book.

Then I went through and mod podged over the pages. I couldn't do very many because they have to dry in between. This one got a bit stuck and I pulled it apart this morning. I think I can cover it up with a border of sorts.

Hoping to make it a Valentine book. You know how I LoVe Valentine's Day.

In other news...
*Thank you so much Michele for the sweet treats and note. The bookmark went right into my Bible. You are in my prayers.

*I have received treats lately including a treat in my church mailbox. I will be using it for Valentine's Day treats and will share. BING! That's no bling, no one had ever left me bling! in my church box.

*Our boot camp group is starting a friendly competition on Monday. I'm scared and not going on Monday...

*I get to have fun with my friend Emilyn today starting with a birthday party at the skating rink. NO, I am not skating. I HaTe to skate. I'm thinking we'll go for coffee afterwards or hot cocoa.

*Have a great weekend. I am going on a buying trip to Seattle.

*Check out my Sam's soldier's blog.

7 comments:

Meagan said...

Hi Tami,
Love the Post! By the way...today at Safeway I saved 54%! We call that "cherry picking"...buying the weekend ad items only!:)Holly is really good at it too. Anyway...if you make it to Seattle I'm just a short ferry boat ride away. Would love to see you again and thanks for your hospitality the other day.
God Bless!

michele said...

you are welcome Tami. The book looks like a cute project. Thank you for praying!!

Sam said...

Why are you sharing my blog :(

Holly said...

Love the book Tami!! I bought some last week with the same intention...but intention is as far as it got!!
Have fun tomorrow! Any hard and fast rules for the "boy"???
I for one, enjoy Sam's blog and appreciate your sharing!!

Becky L. Beck said...

Great Job on the book; very cute and I know that Paula will be so proud as well. See what a treasure those lil books can be? Have a great weekend!

Janice said...

Was hoping I'd run into you in Seattle - my dogs are TIRED!! :-)

Julie said...

love the book! :) I haven't decided which of my little golden books is going to sacrifice its cover.